Accelerate the Mining Industry Transition to Digital and Sustainable Mining
Instrumentation and Control engineer (EIT)
Minevest’s Toronto Digital Center is responsible for advanced technology research, soft sensors development and data driven applications for design and optimizations of mining, mineral processing plants and operations. Our big data and machine learning center is responsible for developing and researching next generation AI technology. We believe in working efficiently, fairly and securely on our world class mining client’s data and create best products and applications to improve their operation productivity.
At Minevest, you will be working on real world problems that mining and mineral processing client are facing on daily basis and you have the opportunity to gain hand’s on experience with model development, implementation and deployment to the real operation sites.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Instrumentation and Control engineer in training, you will be involved in the design, specification, installation, start-up, maintenance and troubleshooting of the necessary field instruments, controls and interlocks to support the on-going model integration processes and support new installations to upgrade process visibility and monitoring.
We have a great working environment with the latest tools and great people. We consider soft skills to be technical skills and we value them as much as the technical skills.
Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills,
- Self-motivated and execution-oriented individuals, passionate in building best in class products,
- Engineering degree in electrical, computer, or related engineering discipline from a recognized university,
- Experienced in programming/configuration of Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC),
- Experienced in designing control system networks; including network architecture design, control system bus technologies and the selection of hardware and software components,
- Experienced in developing Logic drawings and Process Control Narratives,
- Experienced in User interface development,
- Experience in model deployment integration into operation site would be an asset,
- Have a willingness to travel to remote field locations on a short-term basis,
- Ability to summarize complex subjects simply.
Minevest is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us. We welcome people from all different backgrounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.