Accelerate the Mining Industry Transition to Digital and Sustainable Mining
Data Scientist (Intern)
Minevest’s Toronto Digital Center is responsible for advanced technology research, soft sensors development and data driven applications for design and optimizations of mining, mineral processing plants and operations. Our big data and machine learning center is responsible for developing and researching next generation AI technology. We believe in working efficiently, fairly and securely on our world class mining client’s data and create best products and applications to improve their operation productivity.
At Minevest, you will be working on real world problems that mining and mineral processing client are facing on daily basis and you have the opportunity to gain hands on experience with model development, implementation and deployment to the real operation sites.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a data scientist engineer, you will be applying data science and machine learning techniques under the supervision of a senior level engineers. You will help develop data-driven applications by building data science pipelines, deploying machine learning models, and exploring new frameworks.
We have a great working environment with the latest tools and great people. We consider soft skills to be technical skills and we value them as much as the technical skills.
Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills,
- Self-motivated and execution-oriented individuals, passionate in building best in class products,
- Obtained or in pursuit of PhD or Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, and Mathematics specializing in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, NLP or similar fields.
- Data visualization, data cleaning, deep learning, visual recognition,
- Skilled in Python programming language,
- Demonstrated projects with deep learning framework such as CNN, RNN/LSTM using Tensorflow, Caffe, and MXNet etc.
- Strong mathematical and statistical background,
- Experience in model deployment to operation is asset,
- Ability to summarize complex subjects simply
Minevest is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us. We welcome people from all different backgrounds.